COLLEGIAN MOVERS ♦ MOVING SERVICES ♦ SHORT DISTANCE MOVER
Benefits of Hiring A Professional Short-Distance Mover
Moving A Short Distance, Around the Corner, Across Town, or Down the Block
Moving can be quite a task, but it does not have to be a nightmare. Have you considered hiring a professional short-distance mover for your next move? Hiring professional short-distance movers provides you with a full range of benefits. Short-distance, local movers have experience and knowledge about moving nearby. In fact, since 1989, Collegain Movers qualified moving companies have been working hard to provide the residents of CT with a wide range of local short-distance home moving services. After you learn more about our short-distance hauling company, we hope you'll use our moving services for your upcoming move.
Move A Short Distance with Collegian Movers
What is a Short-Distance Move?
A local move completed by a short distance mover is determined to be a short distance move if the range between the origin and the destination, is less than 50 miles. In addition, both locations must be located in the same state. Crossing state lines or making a move over 50 miles automatically changes the move to a long-distance move.
Benefits of Short Distance Movers versus Long Distance Movers
- Short-distance moves require less organization and planning since the move is typically shorter and more straightforward.
- Local short-distance moves may require fewer movers and less equipment than long-distance moves.
- Depending on the size of your move, it may require less time and fewer days of travel to get the job done.
- Short haul movers may be less costly than long-distance movers due to the shorter distance and fewer services required.
- Moving a short distance allows you to use your own vehicle rather than a moving truck to move smaller or fragile items.
- Short-distance moves may be less disruptive to your life since you can arrive at your new home more quickly.
- Moving nearby may provide more flexibility in scheduling and may be less stressful due to the shorter timeline.
Why Hire An Expert Short Distance Mover?
Professional Short-Distance Moving Expert
Firstly, professional movers have the expertise and experience to move your belongings safely and efficiently. They know exactly how to pack fragile items, maneuver large furniture, and load and unload the truck with ease. You won't have to worry about damaging your belongings or injuring yourself in the process.
Secondly, hiring professional movers for short distance moves can save you time and money in the long run. They have all the necessary equipment and tools to make the move quick and efficient. You won't have to spend hours packing and unpacking, or renting expensive moving trucks. Plus, with their expertise, they can often complete the short-distance move in less time than you would on your own.
Lastly, a professional short-distance mover can provide you with peace of mind during the moving process. You won't have to worry about anything going wrong because they are insured and licensed to handle your belongings. You can sit back and relax, knowing that your move is in good hands.
In short, hiring professional short-distance movers can make your move stress-free and efficient. So why not give it a try?
At Collegian Movers and Storage, we have over 30 years of experience moving within Connecticut. Additionally, we offer short-term storage for your relocation. Hire us to help with your next short-distance move. So, you don't have to lift a finger.
Knowledgeable Short Distance Movers
We Know a Thing or Two About Moving into Your Neighborhood
Knowledgeable movers will get the job done safely, so you'll have less work to do and less stress. A short-distance mover knows what they are doing when it comes to moving! They move every day and are skilled at protecting your belongings. Their knowledge of short-distance moving helps to make the job go quickly and is less challenging for them.
Our local neighborhood movers have the right equipment and know how to use it. They use straps, dollies, and moving blankets properly to avoid damage and provide ease to the process. Furthermore, they know the best ways to get your items from one place to another, ensuring they arrive safely and securely.
Movers save friendships. Moving is their job. They are not doing you a favor. Professional movers arrive on time, get organized, and wrap, pack, load, and unload your household items in hours.
They are strong. Moving crews lift heavy things every day. They can handle your most oversized and bulky items without causing harm or damage to themselves or to your property, regardless of the distance of the move.
Qualified Short Distance Moving Companies
Working Hard For You
We take pride in hiring the right people to help you move from home to home. Our moving crews are all screened and trained with expert moving skills.
Our short-distance local movers have insurance. So, if something does go wrong you have a backup plan in case something breaks or gets damaged.
We have the most innovative and advanced moving equipment to help move large and bulky items.
Furthermore, we have moving professionals in the office and in the field who can provide advice on the best ways to get your items from one place to another, ensuring that your household goods arrive safely and securely.
Finally, our local movers are insured, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your belongings are protected in the event of any damage or loss.
Local Short-Distance Home Moving Services
As a 30+ year local moving company in CT, our professional movers use their expertise to pack, protect, and move your personal items with care. We offer full-service moving, packing, and storage services in Connecticut.
Short Distance Moving Services:
- Under 50 Mile Moves
- Packing/ Unpacking
- Furniture Assembly
- Moves to Storage
- Dump Runs / Debris Removal / Furniture Disposal
- Junk Removal
- Piano Moves
- Exercise Equipment Moves
- Furniture Rearranging
- Home Repair Moves
- Load Only Service
- Small Load Movers
- Temporary Storage/Holdover
Whether you’re a young professional moving into a new home, planning to retire to an assisted living, or somewhere in between, we’ve got a team of experienced moving crews with great attitudes who are excited to connect the dots for you for your upcoming move.
Short Distance Movers Near Me
Find A Nearby Short-Distance Mover
Collegian Movers has moving crews working nearby, all over Connecticut. Our areas of service include the CT Shoreline and its surrounding area, including New York City and all throughout Fairfield and New Haven counties. Our short distance moving companies in Connecticut move daily from town to town, including New Haven, Milford, Hartford, Newtown, Stamford, Westchester County, Westport, and Greenwich. As a result, our local moving companies execute short distance moves in all of Connecticut on a daily basis. We are sure to have a short distance mover near you!
We are excited for you to begin your new journey in a new town within CT. Before you get started with the process we suggest you get a free online moving quote and check out all that your town has to offer. You are not alone in moving within CT.
In fact, in 2022 there were many people moving within the state. Here are the most popular Connecticut towns, people moved to in 2022, according to a recent article at NBC Connecticut.
Top Places to Live in CT
- 1: Old Greenwich, Greenwich.
- 2: Cos Cob, Greenwich.
- 3: Cheshire Village, Cheshire.
- 4: Simsbury Center, Simsbury.
- 5: Middletown.
- 6: Newington.
- 7: West Hartford.
- 8: Riverside, Greenwich.
- 9: Kensington, Berlin
- 10: Westport
Short-Distance Moving Companies for Single Item Moves
Moving can be a very stressful experience, especially when it comes to moving heavy, large, or fragile items. Here are some of the most difficult items to move, even when you are only going a short distance. Let our short distance movers lend you a hand.
For Hard-to-Move Items
- Large Furniture
- Delicate items including electronics or antiques
- Exercise Equipment
- Heavy Safe
- Flat Screen TVs
- Grandfather Clocks
- French Door Refrigerators
- Hot Tub (Often delivered to the driveway and need to be moved a short distance to the backyard)
It is important to ensure that difficult-to-move items are packed securely and handled with care to minimize the risk of damage. Additionally, it is wise to enlist the help of professional movers, when dealing with large and/or fragile items.
Cheap Short-Distance Movers
When moving locally, your short-distance move is generally priced at an hourly rate. So, the best way to save money is to streamline the move so it goes quickly. In short, the most inexpensive way to move is to be prepared. When you can reduce the number of hours your short distance move takes, you will also lower the final cost of the move. Aside from preparing your home for the move by pre-packing and sealing your moving boxes with tape, you can also prepare your furniture for the short-distance move too! Here are things you can do ahead of time to save time & money on move day.
Tips to Save Money: Prep Your Furniture To Move A Short Distance
- Disassemble large items: Bed frames, headboards, large dressers, and other bulky furniture can be disassembled for easier moving. Make sure you keep all the parts and screws in a plastic bag for easy reassembly.
- Clean the furniture: Clean and polish the furniture before packing it. This will help protect it from grease and dirt during the move.
- Tape loose parts: Secure any parts that could come off during transit with packing tape. This includes drawers, cabinet doors, and other parts that could be lost in the move.
- Wrap furniture in blankets: Use blankets to wrap furniture before moving. This will help protect the furniture and make it easier to move.
- Label boxes and furniture: Label boxes and furniture with their contents and the room it belongs in. This will make it easier to unpack and place the furniture at the new location.
- Use bubble wrap: Bubble wrap is ideal for protecting fragile furniture pieces, such as glass and wooden surfaces.
At Collegian Movers we move it all! We can safely move furniture a short distance. It is best to hire professional movers if you have heavy or bulky furniture. We have the right equipment and experience to move your furniture a short distance quickly and with care. Let our affordable short-haul movers help you with your next move.
Short Distance Moving Tips
Make Your Move Easier!
- Create a list of all items to be moved, and consider if you need to hire professional movers or rent a truck.
- Start packing early and make sure to label all boxes clearly with the room they are going to.
- Try To get rid of items you no longer need or use before the move by donating or selling them.
- Arrange for any necessary transfer of services such as utilities, cable, and internet.
- Take measurements of all furniture and doorways to ensure everything will fit in the new place.
Short Distance Moving Estimates
Free Online Quotes
Founded in 1989, Collegian Movers offers long-distance and short-distance moving, storage, and packing options with flexibility and affordability in mind.
We are your short distance moving company! Serving CT for over 30 years. Voted as best short distance moving companies in CT.
We have the best prices in CT, give us a call to compare and experience our transparent pricing. You can quickly get your move started and receive a moving estimate.
Prefer a person? Give us a call. Our phone estimators provide clear communication and give you a quick and friendly estimate in just a few minutes. Call 800-966-6838 to find out if we have short-distance movers in your area.