Do You Offer Moving Insurance? | Collegian Movers

Collegian Movers does not sell any kind of insurance. Insurance is legally only sold by licensed agents. Regulations only permit moving companies to offer moving cargo coverage options on your shipment.

Two Types of Valuation Coverage Collegian Movers Offers

  • Full-Value Protection Cargo (FVP) – This type of valuation is for items declared pre-trip, from pick-up, packing or crating, transport and delivery. It must be purchased prior to your move. With FVP, you get more extensive coverage than basic coverage, but it is still not the same as using insurance.
  • Released Value Protection (.60¢/lbs.) – We provide this coverage FREE for every move. This valuation is our basic, bare minimum coverage. It covers $0.60 per pound per item. *Note your items are not covered at their market value price.

We recommend that you check your current homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policy to see if it covers your goods while you are moving.

All claims are subject to a $250.00 deductible.

Things Not Covered With Valuation Coverage

Some conditions that limit your mover’s liability include:

  • Not informing movers of packed perishable, dangerous, or hazardous materials.
  • Damage to self-packed items or boxes.
  • Failing to inform your mover in writing if any items hold significant value prior to the move.
  • Loss of household goods due to a natural disaster, such as a hurricane.