Are Your Goods Covered For Loss Or Damage While In Transit?

You want to make sure your goods are covered in case an accident or loss occurs while they are in our care. Therefore, it’s important that you choose the right valuation option.

The valuation option you select determines the basis upon which any claim will be adjusted and establishes the maximum liability of Collegian Movers. The liability of Collegian Movers for loss or damage is based upon Collegian’s tariffs, as well as federal laws and regulations, and has certain limitations and exclusions. To be clear, valuation is not insurance. It is simply a tariff-based level of motor carrier liability. If you desire insurance, you should consult your insurance company representative about available insurance coverage or check to see if you are covered under your home or renters insurance policy.

Full-Value Protection (FVP)

Under this protection plan, if any article happens to get lost, destroyed, or damaged while under Collegian Movers‘ interstate authority, it will either 1) repair the article to the extent necessary to restore it to the same condition as when it was received by Collegian or pay you for the cost of such repairs; or 2) replace the article with an article of like kind and quality or pay you for the cost of such a replacement. An additional charge applies for this option and is included upfront in every estimate. Collegian Movers will determine the appropriate settlement method to be used.

Collegian’s total liability for loss or damage will not exceed the amount you declare as the value of your shipment.

Released Value Liability (basic protection / 60 cents per pound per article)

With this type of valuation, Collegian’s maximum liability for loss or damage to an article in the shipment is 60 cents multiplied by the weight of the article. This is the basic liability level and is provided at no charge.

All claims are subject to a $250.00 deductible.