Making sure nothing is forgotten in an office move requires organization. To ensure all of your things are accounted for when moving your office, use our office relocation checklist during your final walkthrough.
After the movers have loaded the final boxes, do a walkthrough of the space. Be sure to include every room in the building and check the following items on our list. Additionally, we recommend taking pictures as a precaution.
Office Relocation Checklist (Final Office Walk Through)
- Is desk empty?
- Supply cabinets cleared?
- File cabinets cleared?
- File drawers locked?
- Check for removal of all items
- Breakable items properly packed?
- Computers and other machines disconnected?
- “Do Not Move” tags placed?
- Liquids drained from equipment?
- Desk pads and chair pads labeled?
- Have a set of spare keys available.
- Test that the Internet connection works and that the phones and fax machines are working properly.
- The sooner you get back to work, the sooner you can continue working and making money.
- Make sure the electricity works.
- Check to assure the bathrooms work.
- Don’t forget to throw away (or use as scratch paper) any old stationery that has your old address on it.
- Remember to create new stationery with the new business address on it too.